Server and system requirements¶
OXID eShop can run on different server systems. The choice of a suitable hosting package depends, for example, on the number of products, the expected number of visitors in the shop, and the number of orders. While a shared hosting system is sufficient for a small shop with a few hundred products, a few visitors per month and a manageable order volume, a managed server system should be selected for larger shops. As the load increases, you should consider using a server farm with load balancing and a database cluster. Please contact our OXID Hosting Partners for advice and support in selecting the right system. They provide solutions specifically tailored to OXID eShop.
The following system requirements must be met to operate OXID eShop version 6.
- Apache version 2.2 and 2.4 (on Linux)
- 500 MB of free webspace for Community and Professional Edition
- 750 MB of free webspace for Enterprise Edition
- Installed mod_rewrite extension
Please note that even with the mod_rewrite extension installed, the system health check may not meet the requirements. Often, one of the reasons for this is the setting for AllowOverride in the Apache vhost configuration. This was changed to AllowOverride None with Apache 2.3.9.
Zend Guard Loader is no longer needed because OXID eShop 6 is not encrypted.
- MySQL 5.5 and 5.7
- MariaDB Support (tested with MariaDB 10.4)
The database user needs sufficient permission to create a database during the installation if it doesn’t already exist. The user also needs permission to create views.
The transaction isolation level must be left with the default value REPEATABLE READ for the InnoDB Storage Engine.
- PHP version 7.1 to 7.4
- Recommended memory_limit is 60 MB, but it should be no less than 32 MB
- PHP setting session.auto_start in
php.inishould be disabled (OFF)
- File uploads should be enabled in PHP
- Enabled allow_url_fopen and fsockopen on port 80
- Apache server variables REQUEST_URI or SCRIPT_URI must be available
- ini_set allowed
PHP extensions that need to be installed:
- GD LIB version 2.x
- BC Math
- Composer 1 until OXID eShop 6.2.2
- Composer 1 or 2 for OXID eShop 6.2.3 and 6.2.4
- Composer 2 since OXID eShop 6.2.5
Composer is required for the installation of OXID eShop and changes in autoloading of files (not at runtime). The requirements for Composer can be found in https://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md#system-requirements.
Compilation modules require OpenSSL.
- openssl >= 1.0.1