OXID eShop 6.5.0¶
Release date: 16/08/2022
OXID eShop 6.5.0
supports, among others, two of our new payment modules
See New or updated components.
uses Symfony 5.4 instead of Symfony 3.4
Background: Symfony 3.4 is no longer supported with (security) updates and is not compatible with PHP 8.1.
Check if you can still use all modules in OXID eShop 6.5.
Third party or custom modules
If you use third-party or custom modules, make sure that these modules are compatible with Symfony 5.4.
The previous Amazon Pay (Amazon Pay & Login for OXID eShop) is no longer supported by OXID eShop.
Background: We replace Amazon Pay with our new module Amazon Pay for OXID.
Workaround: To smoothly migrate your OXID eShop to the new module, follow the instructions at Breaking Changes.
New OXID eShop Community Edition license
With OXID eShop version 6.5.0, the Community Edition is exclusively for non-commercial use.
Starting on 15-08-2022, we provide you with the OXID eShop Community Edition for evaluation, testing and proof of concepts.
For more information about the OXID eShop Community Edition License 2022, see https://github.com/OXID-eSales/oxideshop_ce/blob/b-6.5.x/LICENSE.
To use the OXID eShop software commercially, contact OXID eSales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improvements and adjustments¶
View changes in the compilation in the metapackage: https://github.com/OXID-eSales/oxideshop_metapackage_ce/compare/v6.4.3…v6.5.0.
The previous Amazon Pay module Amazon Pay & Login for OXID eShop (see https://github.com/bestit/amazon-pay-oxid) is no longer part of the compilation.
We replace it with a new module Amazon Pay for OXID for payment and checkout with Amazon.
If you use Amazon Pay & Login for OXID eShop, run it in parallel together with Amazon Pay for OXID temporarily before updating to OXID eShop 6.5.
Parallel operation is necessary until all old orders are completed that were still made with Amazon Pay & Login for OXID eShop.
Do the following:
If you have OXID 6.0 or earlier, make an update to OXID eShop version 6.1, 6.2 or 6.3.
Background: Parallel operation is possible only in OXID 6.1 to OXID 6.3 versions.
Install and configure Amazon Pay for OXID.
For more information, see https://docs.oxid-esales.com/modules/amazon-pay/en/latest/index.html.
Schedule a downtime for your OXID eShop and do the following:
- Enable Amazon Pay for OXID for live operation.
- Disable all payment methods that belong to Amazon Pay & Login for OXID eShop.
Result: Your customers will process future payments with Amazon Pay for OXID.
You can still monitor payments for old orders with Amazon Pay & Login for OXID eShop.
Once all old orders are processed, do the following:
- Disable Amazon Pay & Login for OXID eShop.
- Perform the update to OXID eShop 6.5.
New or updated components¶
The following components and modules have been updated or added:
- OXID eShop CE (Update from 6.10.3 to 6.12.0) Changelog 6.12.0
- Theme “Flow” (Update from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1): Changelog 3.8.1
- Theme “Wave” (Update from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2): Changelog 1.6.2
- PayPal 6.5.0 (Update from 6.4.1 to 6.5.0): Changelog 6.5.0
- OXID Cookie Management powered by usercentrics (Update from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1) Changelog 1.2.1
- PAYONE (Update from 1.6.2 to 1.7.0) Changelog 1.7.0
- Klarna (Update from 5.5.2 to 5.5.3) Changelog 5.5.3
- New: Makaira (1.4.2) Changelog 1.4.2
- New: Unzer Payment for OXID (Version 1.0.0 for the OXID eShop Enterprise Edition): Changelog 1.0.0
For more information about our new payment module, see https://docs.oxid-esales.com/modules/unzer/en/latest/index.html.
The compilation contains the following components:
- OXID eShop CE 6.12.0: Changelog 6.12.0
- OXID eShop composer plugin 5.2.2: Changelog 5.2.2
- Theme “Flow” 3.8.1: Changelog 3.8.1
- Theme “Wave” 1.6.2: Changelog 1.6.2
- GDPR Opt-In 2.3.3: Changelog 2.3.3
- Klarna 5.5.3: Changelog 5.5.3
- OXID Cookie Management powered by usercentrics 1.2.1: Changelog 1.2.1
- PAYONE 1.7.0: Changelog 1.7.0
- PayPal 6.5.0: Changelog 6.5.0
- WYSIWYG Editor + Mediathek 2.4.1: Changelog 2.4.1
- Makaira 1.4.2: Changelog 1.4.2
- Unzer Payment for OXID 1.0.0 (EE): Changelog 1.0
Find corrections in our bug tracking system under https://bugs.oxid-esales.com/changelog_page.php?version_id=670.