Server and system requirements¶
You can run OXID eShop on different server systems.
The choice of a suitable hosting package depends, for example, on the number of products, the expected number of visitors in the shop, and the number of orders.
You have the following options:
- Use a shared hosting system for a small shop with a few hundred products, a few visitors per month, and a manageable order volume.
- Use a managed server system for larger shops.
- As the load increases, a server farm with load balancing and a database cluster is recommended.
For advice and support in selecting the right system, contact our OXID Hosting Partners. They provide solutions specifically tailored to OXID eShop.
The following system requirements must be met to operate OXID eShop version 6.
- Apache version 2.2 or 2.4 (on Linux)
- 500 MB of free webspace for Community and Professional Edition
- 750 MB of free webspace for Enterprise Edition
- Installed mod_rewrite extension
After finishing the installation, you go to the web-based shop setup.
Before you can start the setup, the system checks whether the system requirements are met.
Under Server Configuration, the Apache mod_rewrite Module bay be marked as defective, even with the mod_rewrite extension installed.
Often, one of the reasons for this is the setting for AllowOverride in the Apache vhost configuration.
If you have Apache 2.3.9, ensure that the AllowOverride parameter has the value None.
Zend Guard Loader is not needed because OXID eShop 6 is not encrypted.
- MySQL 5.5 and 5.7
- MariaDB Support (tested with MariaDB 10.4)
The database user needs sufficient permission to create a database during the installation if it doesn’t already exist. The user also needs permission to create views.
The transaction isolation level must be left with the default value REPEATABLE READ for the InnoDB Storage Engine.
- PHP version 8.0 or 7.4
- Recommended memory_limit is 60 MB, but it should be no less than 32 MB
- PHP setting session.auto_start in
php.inishould be disabled (OFF)
- File uploads should be enabled in PHP
- Enabled allow_url_fopen and fsockopen on port 80
- Apache server variables REQUEST_URI or SCRIPT_URI must be available
- ini_set allowed
PHP extensions that need to be installed:
- GD LIB version 2.x
- BC Math
To run PHP 8 we strongly recommend setting the the error_reporting of PHP to
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING & ~E_DEPRECATED otherwise you will get a lot of warnings.
- Composer 1 or 2 for OXID eShop 6.3.0
- Composer 2 since OXID eShop 6.3.1
You need Composer for the installation of OXID eShop and changes in autoloading of files (not at runtime). Find the requirements for Composer at https://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md#system-requirements.
Compilation modules require OpenSSL.
- openssl >= 1.0.1